Thursday, January 12, 2006

Collision Report

I had a car. It was a nice car...a navy Toyota Tercel, four door, '98; I liked it--it was a good car to drive. Will I be driving it again? Well, I suppose that's if or when it gets fixed, since, well, I totaled it on Monday. Now, of course when I say total, I mean crashed, and by crashed, I mean flew the vehicle off the road down a seventy foot embankment whereupon the only thing that kept me from flipping the car onto the roof and sliding into a small creek followed promptly by splashing into a river were a pair of trees, which I might add also caused the front fender to totally implode inward. Almost something you'd see in a movie.

So, yeah, I had my first car accident. It matters not that I had brand new snow tires, or that I was maintaining a speed well below the limit--black ice plus slush plus snow/rain combo destroys any hope of obtaining traction. So, of course, sliding off the road is a very real threat. And that, folks, is exactly what happened. The car is a write off since there was that much damage to it. Not so much damage to the exterior--just damage to the underside, the rad, and various other underbelly parts that met with low-lying shrubs and saplings. Poor saplings.

Of course, I wasn't alone when I went over the embankment at seventy kilometers per hour. A friend was with me. If you're wondering, there were no injuries. We walked away from it. The worst "injury" was slight whiplash for me, which only set in for about a day. Other than that, both I and my friend are fine.

In other news, I've starting going to the gym with another friend of mine. I'm sore, and bitchy. Is this a good thing? Possibly. Oh, yes, and I'm never online anymore. Go cry for the loss of me now.

[UPDATE Feb 14, 2006]

The car is a complete write-off and not being fixed. Should've said that a while ago, but I didn't. Oh well.

No comments: