Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's Quiet...Too Quiet

Alright, well I'm still here but I'm not sure about my cohorts. I know Waffles is still in the Canadian forces doing who knows what, Tier is busy in RL with other things, and I'm not sure about Lach at all. I haven't really had an inhibitions involving dueling other than a bit of a question on Vets today. I figured I'd post it at least so I could remember it for later...

Shining Light asks: "My question is this: How exactly do you manage to duel without feeling cheated out by your opponent? How is it that, if your attack misses, you take it in stride? Is trust and honour a huge part in dueling?"

And in reply I had this to say: "RPing can be somewhat like your *comparison if you come upon people such as those at the RE4 boards. Most of the time in this agethose little offsprings aren't as experienced and thus lower to arguing as such whereas places like here, LTU, RP/FF, Spork, RI, and The Duel have somewhat of an understanding between each other and allow damage as earned. If my opponent writes out two word attacks with no emotion, no feeling, I don't even give him the honor of touching me, but if my rival writes out a flawless, beautiful attack I will of course let it hit my character and make it hit hard.

Also, if one feels that their opponent cheezed their way out of an attack a good, experienced duelist will take it in stride because they know that everyone will see the cheeze. It's not about just you and your opponent, but also about the people who read it, and in cases such as tournaments, judge it. The judge and audience will see the cheeze just as clearly as you, so there is really no need to get out of line if you feel you have been wronged, and if by chance no one else feels that you were cheezed, more times than not you probably weren't and you were just overreacting."

*The comparison was that the duels seemed like a styled version of kids with action figures.

No comments: