Thursday, August 31, 2006

Overused and Overdone

Ok, Waffles is back for awhile, and it seems with his return that My Spastic Inhibitions are also coming back. So, another post to breath some life into this blog;

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

In the world of Role Playing it is inevitable that ideas will used more than enough. It seems creative, original plots are faded into the past. You would think that clichés might be bad, but as Clovis taught me, even a horrid cliché can be turned into a wonderful masterpiece with enough innovation. This brings me to the topic at hand:

I see more and more of a flurry of overused ideas that are just crap. I know the value of said ideas depreciates over time, but these writers need to at least match the former glory, yet the quality falls well short of the bar. I really think this might be the reason the wars at Vets bore me. It’s the same old thing over and over again.

I was even nearing the annoyance point back in my hay day, so these wars that the Emperor gets dragged into these days are just overused and overdone. Maybe someone will pique my interests and actually make something somewhat original or at least up to par.

~Corbs