Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Needs Doing

Well, the definitive answer is that there, of course, is no answer. I've been brooding away, biding my time. Wondering, as I often do, about my lack of motivation and initiative on certain subjects. So much is necessary, but I cannot find it within myself to commit to what must be done. This needs to be done. That needs to be done. And while the this and the that are arbitrarily needed in the "getting done" category, all things considered, I just procrastinate. Or I "forget," which is to say I suffer a common lapse of memory for a short while while engaged with other things. Things that, of course, distract me from my hitherto unmentioned obligations. Unmitigated, I berate myself for these little lapses in my attention span, creating derogatory comments as if to spur myself into action. But failing that, I return to my morbidly innate state of motionlessness where motion is the obligatory method.

So, I need a means to conduct myself into a fruitful labor that will bear forth much. To create a habit of the things that must needs doing. I wish with a hope toward the bottomless pit I call the depths of my soul that I can see these things through. Because if I cannot, well, the results could be disastrous. Drastic measures are indeed needed.

No comments: