Friday, April 17, 2009

Blue Hands!

I recently started working at the local bottling plant. For the most part, even though I'm still learning, it's a boring job. The same things happen. Watch the machinery and wait for it to screw up. Just a lot of automation. Today I was working the Labler. It puts the labels on the bottles, can do something like over a thousand in a few minutes. Fast but not that fast, or whatever. Anyway, we're doing President's Choice, a brand used by the Real Canadian Superstore. All the labels are blue, and after jamming tens of thousands of these little buggers into the machine, the ink has eventually transferred itself onto my hands.

So, I find myself looking at my hands, stained blue after several hours, thinking to myself, "Well, damn, looks like I just spent my entire morning jacking off a Smurf!" At lunch I said as much to some of my co-workers. They laughed, but then the joke took off.

"Is that where you're getting all the glue now that you ran out?"

"Ew! I don't want to touch the bottles coming into the packager now!"

So remember, if you're drinking some President's Choice Natural Spring Water from the Illecillewaet Spring, chances are I put that label on. And had my hands turn a shade of blue like I'd been jerking off Smurfs. Enjoy.

No comments: