Monday, February 12, 2007

Uninspired

Since joining the army, I've moved around a bit, seen different places, done different things, sometimes exciting and interesting, sometimes not so. But in my travels, I've found that the prairie provinces of Canada all have something in common: they're flat, and by flat I mean uninteresting, uninspired and boring. And they're cold. When the guy on the radio station is talking about there being a high of -25 Celsius, it's pretty fucking cold. I have driven the highways here in Manitoba, and even in Alberta. You drive in a straight line for hours on end. It gets to the point where I start considering a corner and bend in the road a provincial attraction. Yeah, a pretty uninspiring place to be, but that's just where I happen to be.

Anyway, I started my LAV III Driver course today. Just doing administrative bullshit, which I've come to expect at the beginning of any course. The next couple weeks I'm going to be belt-feed information at such a speed, it will be a wonder if I manage to recall any of it. I can't wait. No, really, please insert that drill into the side of my skull, I like oozing gray matter on the floor. It's like a new kind of paint. Really, I like partially pink with a mist of red.

So I got a Samsung 19" HD flatscreen this weekend. A sleek looking black. It's sitting to my right. I can't wait until I get my stuff, then I can do some sort of gaming setup, have my laptop to my left, games to my right, and a geeking (or nerding, however you look at it) session. On the flipside, though, I lost Internet for the entire weekend, since the wireless router I had decided to crap out, becoming another cancerous growth of plastic and cords shuffling along on the other side of the room. It had to be put down, boxed up, and taken back for a full refund. Ended up getting the exact same router a day later.

Now, I can see you sitting there reading this: "You bought...you bought the exact same router, even after the first one proved glitchy without the problem ever being resolved? Are you fucking retarded?" Well, I thought that same thought myself, but as it so happens, despite it being the same router, it has no had any problems whatsoever. I just chocked it up to the last one being defective, because it would definitely look bad if I walked back into FutureShop demanding a refund because the router crapped out on me again...after buying the same one.

But, as I was saying, without Internet. This meant there was no Tibia playing whatsoever, so my rather lackluster level 26 Paladin did not get the distance skill advances he so needed, or that I so desired. So, now I need to play catch-up to my buddy who's skills have surpassed mine in the game (weapons skills). Ah, the joys of "friendly" competition. And now I'm off to run over small rodents...that deserve it...and don't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm beating your ass senseless in skills. ^_^