Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Carols, the root of all evil.

Honestly, I thought this years Christmas was good. In fact, I thought it was great, even if I hadn't quite gotten to the point of it actually being Christmas yet. Why? Because I didn't hear the plethora of badly sung, overdone and horrifyingly rendered Christmas Carols on the radio. Honestly, why do people seem to associate this crap with Christmas? It's just people selling out for your buck doing their own "Wonderful White and Wispy Wankers Wreath of Wackiness Christmas"-something-or-rather. It's the pushiness of it all, the fact that I have this crap forced upon me wherever I go. I walk through the mall, there's something about Rudolf. Who the fuck cares?

I'm tired of "Winter Wonderlands" and "Santa is Coming to Town" and however many other bloody Santa songs that have been produced in the swollen anus of the music production business. The feces flung through the fan to rain down on me isn't pretty. No, it isn't snow. No, it doesn't make me happy. And no, I don't want to hear the shit, let alone feel it sliding through my ears to interfere with my eardrums and give me the proverbial headache.

Yes, some Christmas Carols are fine, but the majority...no. And they won't be. Ever. I hope you have a Happy Christmas. I know I will...when the Christmas Carols stop.

No comments: