Saturday, December 22, 2007

Such is Life

Life sucks. Life is like gravity -- it weighs you down, it sucks, holds you back, keeps you from getting ahead. It's a nasty bitch with something against you and you never quite know why. It's like a video game, suicide is the level skip cheat to get out of it. Some people live for life, some people have life and don't live. But I'm not talking about the difference between simply existing and actually living today. Maybe another time. I'm just bored and wanted to add something.

So, tomorrow I head down to Kamloops to pick up my sister and bring her home so we can spend Christmas together. Too bad my older brother decided to head up North and visit friends. I won't see him till after New Years, maybe for a day. That'll suck. While I'm there I can do some shopping, not that I need to do Christmas shopping -- it's already done. I was smart that way. But it'll be more along the lines of shopping for me, stuff I might want and all that, like a couple DVDs or something.

Even better, a good friend of mine is coming up to visit, stay for Christmas and stay for a week and a bit. Can't wait for that. Been looking forward to this all year long. Words cannot describe the excitement I'm feeling. It'll be awesome. It'll be more than awesome. Dear Lord.

As an aside to everything else, I sometimes watch anime. I recently picked up Mobile Suit Gundam 00. I was surprised that it didn't suck horribly. I remember Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny. Both of those were like wading through open sewage -- a disgusting experience that scarred my psyche and left me hating the entire genre of anime. At least this has some redeeming points so far. Hopefully the producers didn't screw it up later.

No comments: