Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's not as cool as Batman!

So, the other day I went down to Walmart. I wander into the electronics section like any male in my age bracket with a little cash and immediately check out the video games, some DVD's, and of course the electronics. But, as I'm meandering my way through the DVD section eyeing up the new releases, what do I see? Batman: The Animated Series Volume Four. I nearly had a heart attack and died then.

But, not to far away from it, I spied Batman & Mr. Freeze, Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Now, this was orgasmically good enough to spy all this in one section all at once. What made it better was that the movies were to be had for under ten bucks a pop each. I grabbed them all, trying not to salivate like a mad man as I made my way to the counter, clutching my prizes. I was pretty sure I looked like a raving lunatic--nobody got in my way for my mad dash to the checkout.

I have since binge-watched them all. Well, nearly all of them. I had to pry myself away to at least glance over notes for my last exam tomorrow to say that I studied, pack my stuff, since I'm heading home tomorrow, and write this blog entry. I'm already feeling the withdrawal symptoms.

I grew up watching Batman: The Animated Series as a kid. Its awesomeness cannot be denied, and anyone who does just doesn't realize just how cool Batman is. Suffice to say, I will no binge-watch the rest of episodes now. God, I need to clean my monitor off again. Just splooged all over. So, I can basically say I'm the proud owner of Batman: The Animated Series Volume 1 - 4, plus the three movies. I think there's some more out there to be had yet. Either that or I hunt down the Justice League/JL Unlimited seasons on DVD. Wonder if I can get those...

No comments: