Thursday, October 13, 2005

Certainly Didn't See That Coming

So, I've decided that if this current semester of college doesn't pan out--that is, I don't obtain the 3.0 GPA I need to continue with my next semester, I'm going to enlist in the Canadian Armed Forces, Army to be exact.

If you think this is a sudden and rash decision, it's not. I've been thinking about this since March, and lately I've felt it's the right choice for me if I do happen to go through it. Since working at the sawmill during the summer (I was on a clean-up crew), I found that I love doing manual labor. I love hard work. It makes me feel good and accomplished at the end of the day; makes me feel that I'm made for a purpose, that I have meaning. So, I figure it should be the same with military service.

It's something I have given serious thought to. Of course, if I can continue my education, I'll go with that route over the army so I can get my degree, but if that falls through, I'll be suspended for a year and I don't want to be kicking around for a year with nothing to do, hence military. Should be good, I think.

 

- W. Visarett

No comments: