Monday, October 17, 2005

I Like Big Guns -- And I Don't Know Why

This Friday, at your local theater or cinema (if you live in a big enough city to warrant), Doom will be playing. We all know that game-to-movies aren't entirely outstanding films, but we'll all see it regardless. We'll shell out the money to watch, and when it ends, leave with either a sour taste in our mouths like Hollywood just decided to force-feed us a load of shit, or think the whole was moderately good enough having parted with our hard-earned (I hope) cash.

Anyway, I'll be seeing Doom this Friday, like thousands of other people in North America. Hopefully I don't come away from it feeling cheated. It might mean I would have to bitch, moan and complain some more, and we all know how annoying and boring that is to see (although some might think it amusing).

Oh, yeah--I saw Serenity last week, that Joss Wheadon film. The acting, while not top notch, was pretty good. The dialogue I thought was great, and the film as a whole is worth seeing. It actually makes me want to pick up the Firefly series on DVD. Too bad it'll have to take a back seat to my anime/Batman: Animated Series DVD collecting for the time being. And to think, next month George R. R. Martin's new book, A Feast for Crows will be released! Oh dear...I have to wrap this up. I just splooged all over my monitor.

 

Oh, and before I completely forget, I've got some new ideas being mangled in my head about an article about writing having character. We'll see how far I get with that one. Now, where in the hell is a rag...

 

- W. Visarett

No comments: